Labels

Abuse (25) Autism (3) Buddhism (13) Depression (46) Indigenous (4) Misc (25) Relationships (89) TEW (12)

Friday, April 2, 2021

Light

Sometimes it seems impossible
that a ray of sunshine can pierce the clouds
Darkness will always defeat light .... or so it seems
The clouds are sometimes so dark
that I'm sure they must be solid!
Yet at other times the clouds are brilliantly white
..... and still the clouds stop the light?

Then I realise that if the light had been defeated
then I would not see the clouds!
The light ..... in defeating the darkness ....
allows me to see the dark clouds
The light also shows me the beauty
and magnificence of the towering clouds.

My depression can be like the clouds....
So dark and heavy that I feel that I cannot bear their weight.
Then you remind me that I only know depresion
because I also feel the absence of that weight!

I must rejoice in the clouds .... look on the dark times
with the power and joy of light.

© Ian Croft April 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment